Daly City Termite Control
The type of treatment is determined mostly by the type of termite infestation that a structure has. There are two basic types of termites: drywood termites, and subterranean termites. In addition, wooden structures may suffer from carpenter ants, carpenter bees or fungus. Treatment depends on what sorts of issues must be addressed.
Drywood Termite Control
We recommend several types of treatment options depending on the visible areas of infestation:
- Fumigation. The entire structure is sealed and fumigated with a lethal gas (Vikane). This is the most common treatment method.
- Localized chemical treatment. Locally treat visible area of infestation. This is only possible when inspector determines localized treatment is appropriate.
- Removal and replacement of visibly infested wooden members.
Subterranean Termite Control
Subterranean termite colonies are in the ground and travel up to a food source (which is wood). Control the subterranean termite infestation is gained by applying chemicals at the point where the infestation is gaining entry.
Common types of treatments for the control of sub-termites are:
- Treatment of the soil in the sub-area. This usually includes the removal of the cellulose debris (wood scrap) beneath the structure.
- Treatment of the exterior soil immediately around the perimeter of the structure.
- Drilling through concrete slabs and injecting chemical into the soil below. This treatment can include porches, steps, patios, walkways, garage slabs or other concrete slabs within the interior of the structure. Sub-termite infestations enter from beneath concrete slabs through both visible and inaccessible cracks, joints and other voids in the slabs.
Areas Serve: Santa Clara, Alameda County and San Mateo County